Instruction that motivates students in a completely online environment is possible. The UTeach online Blended Learning professional development shows you how to do this!
We understand the challenges educators face as schools are closing and moving to remote learning environments. We can help support your faculty as they pivot to remote teaching. More than 1,800 educators from 90 Texas school districts and charter schools completed the Blended Learning Course. New cohorts begin monthly through the spring, summer, and during the 2020-21 school year.
Contact us about upcoming 30-minute webinars where you can get an overview of the professional development and ask questions.
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will reimburse Texas school districts and open-enrollment charter schools (local education agencies or LEAs) for blended learning professional development.
Read testimonials from teachers and administrators about our blended learning courses.
Course length: 12 weeks
CPE hours: 30
After completion of this course, you qualify to take the UTeach Advanced Blended Learning Course.
For more information about registering for the Blended Learning course, complete this form.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Module 1 Blended Learning: Where Do I Start? (4 hours)
This module explores relevant research literature to help you construct a new understanding of blended learning. You will become familiar with tools and strategies indicative of a blended learning environment and develop systems for creating your own blended learning classroom. The learning activities embedded throughout the course will help you answer the driving question: What does blended learning look like in my classroom?
- Research current blended learning practices and the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Standards for educators and summarize findings.
- Learn about different models of blended learning and create a station rotation module.
- Review three reliable technology tools that are often integrated into blended classrooms.
Module 2 Personalized Learning in the Blended Classroom (6 hours)
This module encourages you to develop strategies to personalize instruction to meet the needs of individual students. Technology tools provide access to a multitude of resources to assist with personalization as well as the incorporation of tools and strategies to foster a personalized learning experience in a blended classroom. As you work through each of the assignments, keep in mind the driving question of this module: Which personalized learning strategies should be consistently used in my blended classroom to enhance student learning?
- Research personalized learning and share findings with classmates.
- Create a sample personalized learning plan and provide/receive peer feedback.
- Review sample data tracking systems and develop a tool to support student data tracking.
Sample work products: 5E Differentiated Blended Lesson Plans
Module 3 Tools and Strategies for Managing a Blended Learning Environment (8 hours)
In this module, you will discover innovative tools and resources for managing the variety of activities taking place in a blended learning environment. You will design a classroom management plan, create technology-enhanced learning activities, and develop strategies to foster digital citizenship in your own blended classroom. You will research, implement, and collaborate while developing personalized responses to the driving question: What tools and strategies will be most effective for managing my blended classroom?
- Research blended classroom management tools and develop a blended classroom management plan.
- Participate in discussions regarding enhancement of communication and collaboration.
- Create a blended 5E lesson plan.
Sample work products: 21st Century Classroom Management Plans and Lesson Plans
Module 4 Capstone: Transforming Classrooms for the Digital Age (12 hours)
This module builds upon the blended learning principles from the previous modules. In this capstone course, you will observe blended learning classrooms, complete individualized efforts to enhance blended instruction, and reflect on current and future blended learning practices.
The activities in this capstone course will assist in the creation of individual responses to the driving question: How do I best combine technology-enhanced tools, differentiation strategies, and management tools to transform my classroom into a blended learning environment?
- Conduct observations of blended learning classrooms and provide feedback.
- Choose blended learning topics of interest to further research.
- Write a reflection paper.
Program personalization is available upon request.