12 weeks | 20 CPE credits | 6 hours GT eligible
Asynchronous with opportunities for virtual collaboration
$1,000 per participant*
New cohorts begin monthly.
This course supports leaders and instructional coaches who advocate for blended learning at their campus or district. The course builds upon the prerequisite course, Foundations of Blended Learning, to help participants support their blended learning teachers.
Prerequisite: Completion of the Foundations of Blended Learning course or evidence of robust implementation of blended learning.
*Course fees qualify for reimbursement by the Texas Education Agency upon completion.
Module 1 Creating a Culture for Blended Learning (4 hours)
- Research, reflect, and share why blended learning is important in your district
- Summarize the findings of your research on best practices for coaching and supporting blended learning educators
- Review the coaching cycle and determine how best to start using this resource in your role as a blended learning coach
Module 2 Implementation and Support of Best Blended Learning Practices (6 hours, GT credit eligible)
- Reflect upon the vision other blended learning districts have proposed and consider how your district’s results will impact your coaching strategy.
- Outline relevant blended learning models and strategies for your district and suggest how your learning management system (LMS) will support them
- Describe how blended learning will look in your district’s classrooms, as well as resources that teachers will need for implementation, based upon the UTeach list of blended learning components and strategies
- Determine how you will hold teachers accountable for implementing your district’s blended models and strategies
Module 3 Integration of Effective Technology to Achieve Student-Centered Outcomes (5 hours)
- Rank the most important purposes of technology use in blended learning classrooms for your district
- Describe specific technology applications your district uses and consider what the technology is used for, how it is implemented with students, and expected outcomes
- Reflect upon the appropriate use of instructional videos for teaching and learning
- Address how you will support teachers with development of self-paced, personalized classrooms
Module 4 Blended Learning Observations (5 hours)
- Reflect upon your past experiences with teacher observations
- Research blended learning observation tools and draft an observation tool that would be most effective for your district
- Plan your blended learning observations using SMART goals and create an infographic demonstrating your plan
- Discuss how you will use PLCs to accomplish your blended learning observation goals
- Design your blended learning coaching Action Plan
Access to a success coach to monitor progress and answer questions
Personalized feedback on all work products
Online collaboration with highly skilled blended learning facilitators
Templates, checklists, exemplars, and other resources to guide the work of a blended learning instructional coach
Ready to register? Want more information? Contact us here.